14 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

I'm a big weaner

To contact us Click HERE
I've managed to wean from 60mg of hydrocortisone to 5mg in less than 7 days! Yay! Yippee. Actually I think I could have skipped the 5mg today, but I took it just for the hell of it. One tiny ping in my adrenals and I dropped 5mg, you know, just in case.

Ok, honestly? That isn't good news in the Cushing's world. My body shouldn't be able to compensate for that rapid of a drop in steroids in such a short time. I suppose it means that the source of my Cushing's is finding a way to come back to life. *fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA

I saw my primary doctor's assistant today to see if they could order a radiological test to find the source of my leaky brain. They were pretty stumped. I don't want to bug them, but they haven't called me yet. They said they would. I'm afraid he'll drop me as a patient if I keep 'coming down' with questions and problems that they can't deal with. I really like him and his staff; I try to send them goodies for the office whenever they help me through situations like the one I am dealing with. He must really like people with strep or UTIs after my visits. ;)

I made an appointment with an ENT surgeon for Monday, just to cover my bases. Once again, I hope I don't scare the bejeezus out of him and have him send me packing. It was already suggested that I go back to Houston for the leak repair. No. Freaking. Way. is my non-verbalized response.

I know a neurosurgeon in Los Angeles, but I don't think a neurosurgeon is needed for this - more an ENT problem. I think. I don't know. Which brings me to my most recent thought: wouldn't it be nice to just have NORMAL PROBLEMS? How about that osteoarthritis I have in all of my left-side joints. Couldn't that be my only cross to bear? Wouldn't that be nice?!? I try not to talk about my medical issues out loud to normal people any more. I scare them. *ducking*

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder